Your mum deserves a treat!
This foolproof lemonade scones recipe will become a family favourite.
Number of servings:
- 300g self raising flour
- 60g caster sugar
- a good pinch of salt
- 125ml pouring cream
- 125ml lemonade
- milk, to brush on the scones
- whipped cream, to serve
- strawberry jam, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220ºC. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl. Add the caster sugar and salt and mix through.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in the cream and lemonade. Mix until the dough just comes together.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly to combine. Using your fingers, press the dough out to the desired thickness, about 2-3cm.
- Dip a 3.5cm cutter (or whatever size you have) into flour and cut out scones. Push the leftover dough together to make more scones.
- Arrange the scones on your prepared tray, leaving a few millimetres between each scone. Brush with a little milk and bake for 10-15 minutes or until risen and lightly coloured.
- Serve warm with strawberry jam and cream.